San Francisco Full Day Bike Rental and Alcatraz Day Tour Package
Unlimited Biking’s Alcatraz adventure includes a full day bike rental, round-trip ferry to the island, admission to the grounds, and an audio tour of the cellhouse. This package can be experienced on the same day or over the course of two days. Biking is not permitted on Alcatraz Island. This excursion is perfect for history buffs, families, and adventure seekers.
About this activity
- Duration 8 hours
- Availability Choose between the 9AM to 12PM time slot or 12PM to 4PM time slot. Regular Returns between 9:35 AM and 6:30PM
- Languages English
- Departure Point Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing, 757 Beach Street San Francisco, CA 94109
- Free cancellation up to 1 week before start
- Ride around stunning San Francisco, exploring the iconic and beautiful city
- Stunning views of San Francisco, Alcatraz, and Sausalito on your ferry transport
- Explore the Alcatraz Cellhouse with an award-winning audio tour
- Outdoor locations at Alcatraz like Eagle Plaza, the Recreation Yard, the Sallyport, the Rose Garden, and the New Industries Building
- View exteriors of the Warden’s House, Water Tower, Officer’s Club, and read messages left by Native Americans during the 1969 Occupation
- Pass by the Mission, a dynamic neighborhood with Latino roots and an abundance of historic murals
- Visit Alamo Square, home to the Painted Ladies and one of the most iconic views in the city
Alcatraz, a 22-acre island off the coast of San Francisco, is famous for its past as a military reservation and later as a federal prison. This beautiful and historically significant island is a must-see for everyone traveling to and living in the San Francisco area. Unlimited Biking’s Alcatraz adventure includes a full day bike rental, round-trip ferry to the island, admission to the grounds, and an audio tour of the cellhouse. This package can be experienced on the same day or over the course of two days. Depart from any of Unlimited Biking’s three San Francisco locations with your bike rental, helmet, lock, and bike bag. Once on Alcatraz, check out the Cellblock, enjoy an audio tour, stroll through the gardens, and learn about the storied history of this island through permanent and temporary exhibits. Biking is not permitted on Alcatraz Island. This excursion is perfect for history buffs, families, and adventure seekers.
- Bike rental
- Helmet, bike bag, lock
- Round-trip ferry tickets to Alcatraz
- Audio Tour and Cellhouse Admission
- Admission to the Alcatraz Cellhouse and island grounds included at cost prices:
- Adult: $45.25
- Child (5-11): $27.55
Prepare for the activity
Ferry Departure Location: Pier 33 Alcatraz Landing
Please Note: The booking date is for your trip to Alcatraz. Biking is not permitted on the island. You can pick up your bike rental on the same day or on a different day. We will accommodate your schedule.
Bike pickups are available at any Unlimited Biking location:
Unlimited Biking: Fisherman’s Wharf: 765 Beach Street San Francisco, CA 94109
Unlimited Biking: Golden Gate Park: 1792 Haight Street San Francisco, CA 94117
Unlimited Biking: Union Square: 427 Post Street San Francisco, CA 94102
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Credit card
Know before you go
- All guests must be able to ride a bicycle on their own (unless on attachments). eBikes are available for riders 13 and older.
- On the ferry, guests are required to wear masks. As the weather is unpredictable, please dress in layers, bring sunscreen, comfortable shoes, and prepare for possible rain.
- No guest under the age of 18 will be given a bike without an adult over the age of 18 present.
- Please bring one government-issued photo ID to be retained as a deposit for all rentals and a credit card to be kept on file for the security of the bikes.
- Food is not permitted on the island. Please plan to eat prior to your departure.
- If preferred, this package can be done on different days, taking the bike one day and the ferry another.